Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ups and Downs at Ft. Riley


3/15/43

Dear Mother,

Ho! Hum! Another day another change of temperature. That seems to be the trend this year. That's so you won't get tired of the same old thing I guess. The way that winds coming up now I think it will be long handles tomorrow for sure.

I just about got a cold from sleeping on the ground last week. We took our anti-tank guns out in the hills then we laid around on the ground waiting for an enemy attach. Funny thing one never came. The only enemy we had was the Lieutenant coming around waking us up from a good nap.

You know it surprises me like the devil, the number of sheep we used to have in this country. I say "used to have" because I think I have whittled the total number of sheep considerable, and I don't eat any too much at any one time.

Congratulate Dad on his raise. I hope the other one goes thru by the first if not sooner.

I finally got paid last Saturday. I'm not kidding when I say that my last twenty cents was looking awful small with a weekend coming up.

I'm trying for a three day pass Fri, Sat, and Sun. If I get it I'll see you Friday if they turn me down I'll write.

Until then
Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment