Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Car - July 21, 1943

July 21, 1943

Dear Dad,

One thing you can say about the weather out here is that it's persistent. We don't have to worry about it raining on our Sunday swimming trips.

I've been trying to figure out what the best thing would be to do with the car. I don't think I'll have you bring it out. I only go to town once or twice a month, that's about all I can afford. Of course if you want to drive it out for a vacation, well write and I'll see if I can get a letter from the C.O. If you can sell the car for about $150 well sell it. I don't think it should go for much less than that as high as cars are now. Thirty fours bring from $100 to $250 around here. Use your own judgement, what ever you do will be OK with me.

Congratulations on the raise. I believe as you do that now your best bet is to stay with the depot. Most of these defence plants aren't exactly enjoyable places to work.

Let me know what you decide to do. So long.

Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment