Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeling Some Better - March 6, 1944

March 6, 1944

Dear Mother,
I'm sorry to hear about Lucy Shoup. She wasn't so old was she? It's been a long time since I last saw her but she seemed to be in good health.
Who gets Lucy's land? That was a pretty nice piece of land she had.
O these teeth I've got four with small cavities starting. I've had more trouble in the past three months than all the rest of the time in the army. I think it's something missing in the diet over here that makes teeth decay so fast. After getting these four filled that should fix me up for a while.
Thanks to somebody for the box of camels. They tasted good after this English candy.
Have you had a chance to get any work done on the car yet? I hope it's not in too bad shape. Although siting around the way the car has is harder on it than if it ran quite a bit.
This over here is a smokers paradise if he's in the armed forces. Cigarettes are sold for five cents a pack. That's quite a savings for some of the fellows.
Don't get lost when you look over the place. You might try your best to give me a word picture after you finish with your exploring.
I was doing pretty good on the 5th, 6th and 7th. A few days earlier I wasn't feeling too hot. I didn't get sick enough to vomit but I sure didn't feel like running any races.
I'll be seeing you.

Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment