Monday, July 27, 2009

In New York - Dec 23, 1943

Dec. 23, 1943

Dear Mother,

How is every little thing at home now? I hope it's warmer there than it is here. It was about five below zero this morning and that's cold after being used to the kind of temperatures we had for the past few months. I don't care much for the south but at least it's better than this ice box here.
I suppose you have been wondering what has happened to me in the past few weeks. Sometimes I wonder myself, but things happen so fast they make your head swim. Just between you and me these New England states aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'll take the middle west anytime.
I saw a show last night that you should see if you get the chance. I don't remember the actors names but it's about a little girl and a news paper reporter. If you get a chance see "Lost Angel" you will enjoy it I'm sure.
Is Vanita and Al going to be down this Christmas? How about the rest of the gang, any of them coming down? If they come down serve them some apricot liquor for an appetizer. If you serve it to them I won't have to drink it when I come home. That's a ____ of a thing to wish on any one but someone has to drink it. I doubt if you have touched any since I got it. Have you?
You can write me at the following address now.
Co B - 126 Ord-Maint. Bn.
A.P.O. 254=% Postmaster
New York, N.Y.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment