Friday, July 24, 2009

Slipped Back Into Camp - Dec 4, 1943

Dec. 4, 1943

Dear Mother,

I got a chance to slip back into camp for a few minutes today. So I thought a couple of lines home were in order before I go back out.
You should see us trying to work on instruments out in the field. About the time we get going good we have to move to another bivouac area. By the time all fox holes are dug and pup tents pitched we haven't much time left for working.
I managed to slip a package into the mail today so watch out for it. The only thing is that I forget to put "Do Not Open Until Christmas" on it, so I'm warning you now, Beware.
Oh yes, don't write or send anything until you hear from me again in about a week or two. We can't have anything on us to give the blue army a chance to identify our units. I'll let you know just as soon as I know the score.

Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment