Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Easter Sunday April 1944

Easter Sunday

Dear Mother,

What are you doing this Easter? I hope the sun is shining on you today. It's pretty damp over here today. I had hopes of taking a long walk in the sunshine today. The best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray.
I'm glad to hear that you got the car fixed. You're going to take that trip to the Sky Ranch soon now if you want to beat the leaves. Do you think you will be able to get some pictures of the place? I would like to see some if films can be obtained.
I feel the same as you and Dad. We don't have to sell so until we need the money our best bet is to hang on to all the land. Dad must be painting quite a picture of the place to get everyone so hot to visit it or buy part of it. At least it shows that he is still a salesman.
So you're going to be a white collar worker for the Red Cross. (your not the only one who folds bandages. Every once in a while the Red Cross brings a lot of gauze into the ward and we spend the afternoon folding bandages.)
My transfer isn't official yet but my C.O. sent my clothes to me and my papers are in. So I'll be getting my mail at the 32nd General Hospital - A.P.O. 165, that is for a while at least. I hope to go back to the same outfit again when I get discharged - but who knows!
Well I think I'll go out and get a bit of air even if it is damp out. I want to get back before blackout, cause it's really black here during blackout. Until later lots of love.

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment