Friday, September 4, 2009

My Letters Must Be Hold Up - March 29, 1944

March 29, 1944

Dear Dad,

I'm sorry to hear that my letters aren't going through. I've been writing fairly regular, but evidently the letters have been hold up somewhere along the line. There is no reason to worry because letters are sometimes hold up for security reasons. Given time the mail goes through sooner or later.
I haven't been in a position to send any money home this past month. Maybe I will get a chance soon now. I hope so. That's a good idea getting lumber and have it seasoned. I hope it won't be long before we can start building.
How's things going at the depot? Let me give you a little friendly advise, Don't go giving dimes to everybody you hear ask for them! ha ha!
Strange as it may seem this month is almost gone - so is this page.
Until next month yours sincerely.

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment