Thursday, February 18, 2010

Got Back From Three Day Pass - July 23, 1945

Germany
July 23, 1945

Dear Mother,

I just got back from a three day pass at Metz. In a couple more days I'll be rested up enough to try for another pass. - I hope.
There isn't much to do there - but it's a place to go and get away from the company for a few days.
The Army has taken over a swimming pool where a guy can spend a nice afternoon. And the sixth has a dance every night which isn't too crowded because nobody else but Sixth boys are admitted.
Your card of July sixth came today. Thanks a lot for your picture climbing that cliff at the "Sky Ranch."
I have never been able to contact Dave. In all my jumping from Army to Army I haven't seen a truck from his outfit.
I'm glad to hear Milton got back alright. He should just about be eligible for a discharge by now. I hope he gets one after all he went through.
It's kind of nice to able to say we OWN a small place on a lake in the Ozarks. It's a nice feeling even if there isn't any home - yet.
Here's a little bit of Love I'm sending your way
Bye-now
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment