Friday, February 26, 2010

Got A hair Cut - Aug. 11, 1945

Germany
Aug 11, 1945

Dear Mother,

I just received your letter telling how hot the weather was in St. Louis. I looked outside here and seen the wind blowing a near hurricane and the rain coming down. Darned if I didn't get almost homesick for a sight of God's country again.
I went uptown the other day and visited a German barber shop. They had one barber that couldn't have been over seventeen years old. He must have started the trade when he was only knee high. I watched him for a while and he did darn good job. One of the older men cut my hair - it was alright except for the dry shave on the neck. The thing that surprised me was the price of one mark for the hair cut!
Oh me! we have to attend a lecture of some kind - so I'll send all my Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment