Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad - July 4th, 1945

Germany
July 4, 1945

Dear Dad,
Happy Birthday to you Dad and may you have many more of them. Maybe we will be together to celebrate your next one.
This has been a very quiet day over here. No elaborate celebration just a nice quiet holiday.
How did you spend the day?
How are the light bulbs coming along? Selling lots of them I hope.
I've got myself a grand total of sixty-eight points - so you can figure out where I stand in this discharge business. Right now it's a toss up weather I get transferred to an outfit staying in the Army of occupation or hit an outfit going to the Pacific - by way of the States. I'm hoping for the later - but the Army has it's own ideas.
Good-bye and Good-luck till later
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment