Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Brussels, Belgium - Feb 26, 1945

Luxembourg
Feb 26, `945

Dear Mother,

I've always wondered what happened to all those Christmas packages. I suppose someone along the line needed them worse than I did. Anyway I've given them up for lost by now.
Your other box with the magazines got here. That's was pretty good time for those. They will be well read before becoming fire material. By the time a book makes the rounds of this company - and maybe several others - it's ready for the fire. Thanks a lot on behalf of all.
There were some other things I wanted to write about, but I can't think of them now. Maybe in a later letter. Of course I could give you a few high lights of Brussels, Belgium. - Whoa! now just because I said something about Brussels you get evil thoughts of me getting drunk or something. - Well maybe I did take a few drinks but you know how it is. After all when you walk down the street and people sidle up to you, and want you to buy a quart of Cognac, you can't turn them all down.
Some people expect us to go into town and see all the old buildings and points of interest. What they don't seem to realize is that we spend days on end looking at old buildings and historical points. When we get the chance to go into town, we go to see the people and not points of interest. People are more interesting than most people realize.
I'll tell you more later - now I have to hit the hay for a little recuperating.
Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment