Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Crazy Stove Pipe - Feb 20, 1945

Luxembourg
Feb 20, 1945

Dear Mother,

Has spring raised it's head yet around there? The natives say spring is just around about here for good - But I don't know. I've got a feeling in my bones that we may see snow again before spring. I hope I'm wrong but time will tell.
Have you heard any more about Tiny? You said in one of your letters that she was feeling bad. I wondered if it was anything serious or not.
I'm sitting here half writing this letter and half listening to the radio. I don't know which will win in the long run. Right now the radio is winning with some darn good music. The barn dance just went off a short time ago.
Now a stove pipe is a strange thing to write about. But everyone that comes into our room comments on it. Anything that gets that much attention should rate a few lines. Everyone sees the great big furnace pipe we have running clear across the room and they want to see our stove. Then they go around the corner of our "L" shaped room. That's when they burst out laughing. The stove is so darned small for all the pipe.
Good night, Good luck, and God bless you
Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment