Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bing Crosby Sings To Us Again - Sept 16, 1944

Sept 16, 1944

Dear Mother,

Maybe they will let me light long enough to say hello. they keep us pretty busy now days, if it isn't working it's moving. Someday they may let us alone long enough to to get our breath.
I haven't decided whether Bing Crosby is following me or if I am following him. He gave us another show yesterday. He didn't know that part of us had seen his show at the last camp. It was worth seeing and hearing again, I think.
If you see scratches on this letter you'll know its just me scratching these little bugs. I have been sleeping in a French barn and between you and me it's hard to tell just what there is to pick up. Of course if there is a good hay loft handy it's as good as a feather bed and the comforts over balance the discomforts.
I'll run along now and let you get back to your house work - until later - Love and lots of luck.

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment