Thursday, November 12, 2009

The French Wear Wooden Shoes Too - Aug. 19, 1944

Aug 19, 1944

Dear Mother,

Clop! Clop! Clop! go the wooden shoes. I always thought the Dutch were the ones that wore the wooden shoes. The French around here wear the wooden gun boats. If you ask me they look awful uncomfortable. I haven't discovered if it's because of the war or whether it's standard wearing apparel.
Now then I have to remember my bed. My bed partner moved out on me. The only good thing about it is the fact that I have his straw along with mine for a mattress. On this bumpy ground something has to be used - or else My Aching Back!
Have they made a decision on moving the plant out from under Dad yet? I hope they don't move.
Thanks for the carmels. They were greatly appreciated by all. I can't tell you the date it was sent. The post mark didn't take very good.
Work duth stare me in the face - so I must close this word by visit until another day.

Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment