Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wish I Took French - July 16, 1944

July 16, 1944

Dear Mother,

Once again I set me down to write you a letter. Maybe I should write to Vanita also. She will be getting peeved if I don't write soon.
There are times when I am sorry I didn't take up French in high school. It's tough when you aren't sure whether you are being cursed or being invited to take a drink. - Not that I would take a drink mind you - OH YEAH
I'm picking up a few French phrases here and there. Such as "Je voudrais manger." When you stop to think of it I always wanted to do some thing like that.
Did anything ever come of that Popular Bluff deal on those signs? Does there seem to be much advertising going back on the roads yet or are the boards as bare as ever?
Hay get out of here! - No not you Mother I'm talking to this d---m calf. It can't seem to find any place to eat except around my tent. If he's not careful he'll end up as nice veal cutlets.
Bonne nuit
and love too all.
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment