Friday, November 27, 2009

What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving? - Nov 21, 1944

Nov. 21, 1944

Dear Mother,

I got quite a surprise when you wrote about Junior getting married. It looks like all the boys are getting caught powerful fast. Was the girl anyone I know? I don't think so, but it's a small world.
Speaking of hot letters. One of the boys really had one the other night. It was so hot it nearly burnt the truck up. With the help of a few buckets of water we managed to quench the fire. But another letter had to be composed.
Does anyone work Thanksgiving or is it going to be a holiday? I read in the paper the menu we are supposed to have. Just between you and me it's going to be interesting seeing them put out a feed like that here on field ranges. Maybe they can do it - I'm willing to be convinced.
Until I write again - all my Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment