Thursday, November 19, 2009

From Your Wandering Boy - Sept. 30, 1944

Sept. 30, 1944

Dear Mother,

Maybe I should take a few minutes and give you news of your wandering boy.
At the present writing he is doing fine - all things considered. Under different circumstances France would be an enjoyable place to visit.
I've made a few tours through some of the towns, and had a pretty good time. As yet there isn't much entertainment after dark but during the day it's fun trying to talk to some of these Frenchmen. Every once in a while one comes along that speaks English - that's much better.
They have finally quit bouncing me around. I have a unit once again. Maybe now I can get some of those letters you have been writing. The address is similar to my first two - so it shouldn't be too hard to remember. In case you couldn't read the one on the envelope here tis again --

Co. A - 128 Ord. - Maint. BN.
A.P.O. 256 - % Postmaster
New York, N.Y

Love to all the family from

Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment