Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Now In Jena, Germany - May 20, 1945

Germany
May 20, 1945

Dear Mother,

Hows all the Register family getting along now days? Everything is going along fine for the displaced member of the afore mentioned family. Not too many complaints and no regrets.
I've got a new home again. This time in Jena, Germany. Right now I'm staying in barracks at the Jena airport. I don't know how long it will be before I return to my pup tent, but until I do I shall enjoy my stay under a solid roof.
I received two boxes from you yesterday. One mailed March fifteenth containing a box of caramels. The other mailed April second containing writing paper, candy, etc. I thank you with all my heart.
I'm going to close for now, or I won't get any supper.
So until later - all my love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment