Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rain, rain, rain, - May 25, 1945

Germany
May 25, 1945

Dear mother,

Rain, rain, rain, that's all it does lately. This weather isn't fit for man or beast. Right now I'm shaking so much from the cold - I don't know if you will be able to read this or not.
The point system seems to be the main topic of discussion through out the E.T.O . I could make a few untimely remarks but it all adds up to the fact that I haven't enough points to do me any good.
After looking into my crystal ball I can see nothing but the Pacific for your world traveling son.
Received some more funnies the other day, and wish to thank you for the same. There was also a small package of soap that arrived about the same time. I can see that someone has been hitting a few hotels in Missouri.
I think I heard that gas rationing changed from four to six gallons per week. Is this so, or just a rumor? It would sure help Dad out if tis true.
How does Linda-Lee like St. Louis? It must be quite a novelty for her in a large town. Maybe she won't want to go back down on the farm now.
Good night for now with gobs of Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment