Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Got Paid Today - April 3, 1945

Germany
April 3, 1945

Dear Mother,

Well that ----- generator is working better tonight. As near as I could figure out frost was forming on the carburetor. That's fixed for the time being. Now all I have to do is sit here with my fingers crossed and hope nothing else goes wrong.
April showers bring May flowers. If that's true we should have lots of flowers next month.
Has Dad hit the top of the list yet on new orders? I'm expecting to hear news to that effect in the near future. Lots of luck to him for me.
We got paid again today. We used to look forward to payday but now it's just another day. There is no place in Germany for us to spend our marks, so it's either send them home or have that much more next pay day.
Here's a shower of Love to each and every on at home
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment