Friday, January 22, 2010

Tomorrow Is Mothers Day - May 12, 1945

Germany
May 12, 1945

Dear Mother,

How are you this fine day? Excuse me one minute while I wipe the sweat off my brow. We've had a few days of perfect summer weather. It would be nice now if this sweat was dripping on the place instead of over here.
Tell Dad to keep pitching. It's a good thing he hasn't lost the old selling touch. I guess it seems good to get back to the old trade again. I think I know just how he feels.
So Grand Dad is thinking of coming to St. Louis. It would be a good thing for him if he did. A change of scenery never hurt anyone. (ME INCLUDED). It may tie you down a little but not too much.
Just because I haven't got a card, It's no sign that I've forgotten that tomorrow is Mother's Day. So I'm taking time right now to send greetings to the swellest Mother I know. And I want you to know that I'm always thinking of you.
Lots of Love to you and all the rest -
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment