Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Quick Letter - April 21, 1945

Germany
April 21, 1945

Dear Mother,

I've done pretty good so far. There has been a heading on this letter for half an hour, and nothing else. We have been discussing a few rumors that are floating around. By now the rumors have been well discussed - and cussed, so I can get on with this letter as originally planned.
There goes the National Barn Dance on the radio. You-all listening too? Pretty good don't you think.
How's that trip down to the place coming along? Right about now things should be really nice down there. I wish I could be going down there with you. We could roll up our sleeves and get started on some long delayed work. Well maybe it won't be too long.
They tell me I go on guard duty at nine o'clock. So I've got to close this letter and get ready.
Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment