Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Cold Again - Mar 5, 1945

Germany
March 5, 1945

Dear Mother,
I knew everyone was jumping the gun a little. Just because of a few warm day in February. Here it is March and cold weather has returned. It can't last too long - we hope.
I sent off another fifty to Dad yesterday. It should get there in a month or two. It's a good thing I didn't get a chance to borrow any money before taking off for Brussels. Or there wouldn't have been any check going your way this month.
If I don't get a hair cut right away soon - you'll have to send me a violin. Or maybe that's the reason we are issued us Dog Tags.
I'm keeping in practice with an ax. Chopping wood to feed this hungry little stove of ours keeps me from forgetting how to hold an ax to obtain the best results. - Dad will please take note.
Cords and cords of Love
Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment